Desert Recreation Foundation
Support Adaptive & Therapeutic Sports/Recreation in the Coachella Valley. $5 per ticket or $20 for 5 tickets enters you in a chance to win the Wagon and all of the spirits in it! Call 760-347-3484 or visit any of our Community Centers or Programs to purchase tickets. Prize value – at least $750.
Not Required to be present to win. Drawing will be held December 28 at our Indio Community Center, 45-871 Clinton Street in Indio, at 3 p.m. MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OVER TO ACCEPT DELIVERY OF HOLIDAY SPIRITS.
What We Do
Desert Recreation Foundation works behind the scenes to ensure that all residents in the Coachella Valley have access to quality recreational resources, facilities, parks, and programs that serve today’s needs and those for generations to come.
Operating as an independent 501(c)3 non-profit organization, The Desert Recreation Foundation:
- Generate funds through individual gifts, business and corporate, and grants
- Leads the fundraising efforts to support Desert Recreation Scholarship Fund, which provide financial assistance to families and individuals in the community who may otherwise be unable to participate in recreational activities
- Assists with the purchase of new park lands through fundraising, donations, legacy gifts and endowments
- Purchases equipment and other items for the District’s parks and facilities
Our mission is to enrich and preserve the quality of life for residents. We do this by raising funds and garnering support to purchase, develop, enhance, preserve, promote and expand the Coachella Valley’s recreational activities, programs, parks, properties, and facilities.
Our Vision is to establish a permanent charitable endowment that will provide sustainable, self-perpetuating resources, primarily for Desert Recreation District’s park and recreation system. As the Foundation expands upon its strategic plan, we will strive to remain a valued and effective community resource, through leadership in capital planning to help fund new infrastructures, the purchase and development of land for new parks and creating new programs that serve the changing needs of residents.
Thank you for considering a financial gift to help support Desert Recreation Foundation. Your generosity will help us ensure that all residents in the Coachella Valley have barrier-free access to quality recreational resources, facilities, parks, and programs.
Sample Donation Amounts and What They May Cover
- $30 covers the fee for the 8-week session in our LPGA*USGA Girls Golf program
- $50 covers several days of camp for kids during Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall school breaks
- $100 covers the fee for a special needs individual to attend a full snow day program in Big Bear