How You Can Help
Do you have a special area of philanthropic interest? Perhaps it comes from a childhood experience, such as Gymnastics, Cycling or Equestrian riding. Or you may want to support disadvantaged children in need of safe, after school programs. You can even serve as a benefactor for a new DRD park or facility.
There are a number of ways you can provide financial support through The Desert Recreation Foundation:
- Adopt-A-Park — Individuals and businesses can provide hands-on supervision of a DRD park, sharing in the maintenance costs and overhead, providing resources and coordinating volunteers. Your organization will be recognized with branded on-site signage and mentioned in various DRD promotional vehicles
- Land procurement — Help procure land and provide funds or financing to develop new parks
- Capital investment — Assist in the funding of new community recreation facilities and the enhancement of existing ones
- Trips for Kids — Donate funds or bicycles to support at-risk youth who get the opportunity to experience a healthy activity, while broadening their perspectives and exploring new areas on their bicycles.
- The First Tee of the Coachella Valley — Support this respected year-round program that teaches young people the game of golf while instilling nine core life lessons.
- LPGA/USGA Girls Golf Program — Were you exposed to golf as a child and want to share it with other girls? The LPGA*USGA Girls Golf program provides you with an opportunity to teach girls between the ages of 7 and 17 years the game of golf.
- Palm Desert International Sports Festival — Show your support for this major DRD annual sporting event, showcasing athletes 35+ up to Seniors of all ages and abilities.
- Volunteer — The Foundation is always appreciative of time donated to help at any number of sponsored events. Volunteering is a great way to become more involved with the fun side of our communities and residents.